I really like these GF peanut butter cookies!! They have very simple ingredients, are quick to whip up, and bake in only 7 minutes. My kids especially love the M&Ms! I have made these three times in the last few weeks! YUM!
This recipe makes about 18 cookies. Here is the recipe straight from the blog Love to Be in the Kitchen:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats (or quick oats)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup mini M&M's
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl <I use my hand mixer> stir together the peanut butter, honey, and brown sugar. Do not warm up the peanut butter or the honey.
- Add in the oats, salt, baking soda, and vanilla extract. Stir well.
- In a separate bowl lightly beat the egg and then add it to the mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the dough. Press the dough very tightly in the cookie scoop to form the balls if using your hands squeeze the mixture tightly into a ball so it doesn’t crumble.
- Form the balls onto a cookie sheet, press down slightly, top with the M&M's and more mini chocolate chips if desired and bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Watch the cookies closely and remove when the bottom barely starts to brown even if they don't look completely done (they cook more as they cool).
- Remove and allow to cool completely.