I was REALLY craving a chocolate milk shake this afternoon....but I put the ice cream away and came up with a chocolatey smoothie that incorporated all the fresh in-season cherries I have in my refrigerator right now! Who doesn't love the combo of cherries and chocolate!? This smoothie really hit the spot and satisfied my sweet tooth! Enjoy!
This smoothie makes enough for one large serving.
- 1 cup fresh (pitted) OR frozen cherries
- 1 or 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds (optional)
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk OR almond milk
- 1 small banana
- 2 Tbl plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 -2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 6 ice cubes
- miniature chocolate chips, for garnish (optional)
Put all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Drink immediately. Enjoy!