Sunday, January 29, 2023

Spiced Honey Yogurt with Citrus & Pistachios


I made this the other day when I was craving something tart and refreshing. I wasn't sure how citrus would pair with creamy yogurt, but it was a delicious surprise. Also, I liked the spices so much I am now putting cinnamon in my yogurt every time I make myself a parfait (which is often). The pistachios were also a great addition to this healthy snack. Enjoy! 

Ingredients:

1 cup thick, plain Greek yogurt

1 Tbp honey or maple syrup

1/8 tsp cinnamon

1/8 tsp ginger, or even less 

1/8 tsp cardamom (optional), or even less

1 orange, (I used a Cara Cara), peeled, all pith removed, cut into small pieces

1 container of segmented grapefruits, I like Del Monte - No Sugar Added (found in the refrigerated section of the produce department)

2 Tbl pistachios, chopped

2 Tbl pomegranate seeds, (I also buy these ready to eat in a container found in the refrigerated section of the produce department)

1 Tbl hemp seeds, optional

Directions:

In a medium sized bowl mix Greek yogurt with honey, cinnamon, ginger and cardamom, if using. Place spiced yogurt in a pretty bowl (yes, you are worth it) and add oranges, grapefruits, pomegranate seeds, pistachios and hemp seeds, if using, on top. If you like, add another pinch of cinnamon. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment