Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding Parfait


I have never been a huge fan of chia seed pudding....the puddings I have had in the past were a bit flavorless. But I have changed my mind after eating this pudding, chocked full of raw cocoa powder and subtly sweetened with maple syrup. It is absolutely delicious and I have found myself craving it all week! I have been eating mine for lunch, loaded with berries, homemade granola and raw coconut yogurt. It would also make a very satisfying dessert. Add any of my topping suggestions....make your parfait your own! Enjoy!

Chocolate Chia Pudding Ingredients

1/4 cup organic cacoa powder (I like Navitas)
3 Tbl pure maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 1/4 cup nut milk (I used almond)
1/3 cup chia seeds

Whisk the cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla, salt and cinnamon together. Add nut milk and stir until smooth. Add the chia seeds and combine.

Cover and refrigerate until mixture has thickened, 3 hours to overnight. When ready, serve yourself a spoonful and add your favorite healthy toppings!

***I make a big batch of this delicious, gluten free granola often. I sprinkle it into my smoothies, add it to yogurt, açaí bowls, and of course, this parfait. Click HERE for the recipe.***

Toppings Suggestions for your Parfait:
I put an *asterisk next to the toppings I used in the picture above

sliced strawberries*
fresh blueberries*
blackberries*
raspberries
chopped pineapple
chopped apples
chopped pears
chopped dates

raw coconut yogurt* (I like GTs CocoYo)
almond yogurt
Greek yogurt
scoop of almond butter
scoop of peanut butter
honey

my favorite granola* - click HERE for the recipe
your favorite granola
walnuts
almonds
hemp seeds*
cocoa nibs
coconut shredds

No comments:

Post a Comment