Thursday, November 30, 2017

Gingerbread Muffins with Chocolate Chips


Hello, December (well, almost!) and Hello, Gingerbread! The two go hand-in-hand in my mind....along with peppermint....they are the flavors of the season. When I saw this recipe on My Whole Food Life blog I knew I had to make them STAT.  They had me at gingerbread (and then the chocolate chips sealed the deal).

These muffins are sweetened with maple syrup (I think you could also use honey), are gluten free and have no butter, just coconut oil. So they are pretty healthy as far as muffins go (but FULL of amazing flavor from all the spices)! The kids LOVED them. They make a super easy, grab-and-go breakfast or snack. 

*I didn't have oat flour so I ground whole oats in the food processor....measure the oat flour AFTER it's been ground down.

Here is the recipe word for word from My Whole  Food Life blog:

Ingredients:
  • 2 1/4 cups gluten free oat flour*
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup
  • 2 flax eggs <I used two regular eggs>
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup molasses
  • 1 - 1 1/2 tsp ginger (depending on how spicy you like it) <I used 3/4 tsp ginger>
  • 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp cloves
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/3 cup almond milk <use regular milk if nut allergy>
  • 1/3 cup chocolate chips <I used 1/2 cup>
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.
Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl .
Mix wet ingredients in another.
Add wet to dry and mix until combined.
Spoon batter into lined or greased muffin pans. <I used a 1/4 cup full measuring cup for each muffin>
Bake for 10-12 minutes. <I baked for 12 minutes>
<This made 14 muffins for me>

No comments:

Post a Comment