My sweet friend, Kellie, has an incredible blog devoted to healthy living and eating. Her blog is called Cleanly Consumed and you must check it out!!! She gives wonderful tips on natural products for the home, how to incorporate essential oils into your daily living, and of course, delicious, healthful recipes.
I have been wanting to try this Coconut Chocolate Whip for a long time - it did not disappoint! It was delicious and I love the texture - light and fluffy - not really ice cream, not quite whipped cream - you'll have to try it for yourself to see! I loved the addition of the chocolate chips, too.
Please note that you have to refrigerate the can of full fat coconut milk for at least 24 hours before making this whip for it to thicken.
Here is Kellie's recipe from Cleanly Consumed. Enjoy!!
- 1 Can Full Fat Coconut Milk (I use Whole Foods Brand- or Native Forest– it does need to have the Guar Gum to create a whip)
- 1 Heaping Tablespoon of Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Maple Syrup <I used about 2 because we all have a sweet tooth in this house>
- 1/2 Teaspoon Organic Vanilla Extract
- <mini Enjoy Life organic chocolate chips, optional- my daughter really liked this addition>
Instructions:*The can of coconut milk MUST be refrigeratorated for 24 hours in order to thicken
1. Pour contents of can into large bowl <I had to use a spoon to scoop it out>
2. Add in cocoa powder and vanilla extract
3. Beat on high speed for 3-4 minutes - it should begin to whip and thicken
4. Slowly add in Maple Syrup until it reaches desired sweetness
*<We had a little bit extra so I froze it....it doesn't freeze that well....if you have any extra put it in the refrigerator. Also, Kellie suggests putting it in your coffee as a natural sweetener!>