Sunday, March 10, 2013

Easy Chicken Tacos


Wednesdays are my super busy, all-day activity days with my three kids. It's the perfect day for me to try out new crock pot recipes! I saw this recipe for easy chicken tacos all over Pinterest and thought I'd give it a try. The easy-factor can simply not be beat; in fact, cooking this meat is embarrassingly easy! It yielded a tender, moist, flavorful taco meat that my whole family (kids included! YAY!) really enjoyed! I made tacos out of the shredded chicken, but, you could also use it for nachos, on a baked potato, in tostadas or to top a salad. I used only two large chicken breasts and still had a good amount of meat left over. I used the left over meat for quesadillas the following night. I think it would be great in my Chicken Enchilada soup, too! Endless options for the left-over meat makes these Easy Chicken Tacos even easier! Enjoy!

2-4 chicken breasts
1 jar of salsa
1 package of taco seasoning

Combine all in a crockpot and cook over low for 8 hours. Shred chicken meat with two forks.

No comments:

Post a Comment