Saturday, December 26, 2015

Rosemary Roasted Cashews


These Rosemary Cashews are seriously addictive !!! My friend, Elizabeth, brought them to a party this holiday season and everyone wanted her to share this recipe from the Barefoot Contessa. So, I just made them (it took less than 15 minutes) and they are so delicious. My tongue is slightly burnt from not being able to wait to eat them before they cooled!!!

I didn't follow the recipe exactly. I added extra sugar and more butter (because why not!?).

Here it is from the Food Network website:

1 1/4 pounds cashew nuts
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
2 teaspoons dark brown sugar (I used one Tbl)
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon melted butter (I used 2 Tbl)

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Place the nuts on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes until they are warmed through <I lined my cookie sheet with foil for easy clean up>. Meanwhile, combine the rosemary, pepper, sugar, salt and butter in a large bowl <I put all those ingredients in a small pot and heated until the butter melted and the sugar had dissolved completely>. Toss the warm nuts with the rosemary mixture until the nuts are completely coated <I put it all in a separate bowl to make sure the cashews were evenly coated - I then spread them out again on the same foiled lined baking sheet to cool them>. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment