Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Immunity Beet Juice


When I post a juice I like to think of it as more of a guide rather than a recipe. It is hard to "mess up" a fresh juice.....it's all about your personal taste and mostly the wealth of health that you are putting into your body. I happen to have a lot of beets right now from my CSA. I was thinking of making a beet hummus (I still might so look out for that recipe) but then I decided to juice them instead. Beets are very earthy tasting and not everyone enjoys their strong flavor. I try to cut it by adding sweetness from an apple & carrots and the acidic taste from the lemon juice brings in a bite. The ginger gives this juice a little bit of spice and the cucumber is very hydrating and neutral tasting. If you love beets add two....I used just one, but also added some more earthy flavor with the kale. This is your juice....just use this as a guide! Enjoy! 

Ingredients:

1 to 2 beets, scrubbed clean

1 apple

1/2 to 1 whole large cucumber

a few celery stalks

1 to 3 carrots

1/2 lemon, peeled before running through the juicer

1 inch nub of ginger

3-5 kale leaves (optional)

Directions:

Put all ingredients through your juicer. Drink immediately or store in a mason jar with a tight fitting lid for no more than a day. Juice retains all its nutrients when consumed within an hour. After that it is still hydrating and tastes great, it just loses it potency. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment