Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Very Best Sliders




Wow, these were a HIT with the family! My husband LOVED them and so did my kids. One of my boys came up to me and said, “Mom, this is the best meat you have ever made!” I credit that statement to the bacon (and to Cuisine at Home Magazine- my inspiration for this recipe)! Can you tell I have a love-affair with bacon? I know I use it in a lot of my recipes!! It just brings SO much flavor to any meal...and a little really goes a long way! I am definitely going to double this recipe and serve these the next time we have friends over for a BBQ! If you don't make the caramelized onions, then don't even bother! They TOTALLY make the 'burgs!

In this recipe, I recommend freezing the bacon (this doesn’t take very long) so that when you grind it in the food processor it doesn’t turn into paste!

Notice how few ingredients! My kind of a meal!!

4 strips of raw bacon (frozen till hard to the touch)
1.5 lbs of ground hamburger meat
8 Kings Hawaiian rolls or slider rolls
2 large yellow onions, thinly sliced
3 Tbl olive oil

For burgers:
Pulse frozen raw bacon in a food processor until finely ground. Combine well with ground hamburger meat.

Press meat mixture into a square pan lined with parchment paper or foil. Score meat into 8 equal portions. Turn scored meat onto a cutting board and cut scored meat into square patties.



Season patties on either side with salt and pepper. Grill or cook in a frying pan until cooked through. Add 1/4 slice of American cheese to each patty.

For caramelized onions:
Sweat onions in olive oil in a large saute pan with salt over medium-low heat, covered, for about an hour. Stir every 7 minutes or so.

Toast rolls if you like in a 350F oven for a few minutes. Add cheese patties to rolls, top with caramelized onions.

I serve these with coleslaw and sweet potato french fries! YUM!

2 comments:

  1. Kelly, all your recipes are super great so I don't even know why I am offering any advice, haha. I was recently given a little tip about my sliders which I thought was awesome and works great. Two words....muffin pan!! Squishing the meat into the muffin pan and cooking them that way is so easy and they come out the perfect shape every time! Perfect size for the kings hawaiian sweet rolls too...that's what we use :)

    ReplyDelete