Thursday, November 16, 2017

Flourless Pumpkin Blender Muffins


So..... I have been totally obsessed with making blender muffins over the past two weeks - they are just so easy and they are incredibly tasty! Plus, when I have muffins made, my kids have a quick-as-they-can-grab them breakfast.....which makes my mornings so much easier than asking them all what they want and getting three different answers.

After a quick Pinterest search for pumpkin blender muffins I found these (they also happen to be gluten free) on the blog Averie Cooks (btw this blog has SO many yummy looking desserts I cannot wait to explore and try more of her recipes!). I knew after a quick scan of the ingredients they would be amazing (I mean, look at all those spices!!).....and they are!

Here is the recipe from Averie Cooks word for word with my changes in italics:

**The recipe says these make mini muffins. I actually doubled the recipe and made 12 regular muffins. I baked them at 350F for 19 minutes**.

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup old-fashioned whole-rolled oats (not quick cook or instant; use certified gluten-free if necessary or desired)
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream (lite okay)
  • 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil <I used liquid-state coconut oil>
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice <I didn't have this so I used 1/4 tsp ground ginger instead>
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon allspice
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
  • 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling <I used regular sized>

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare mini muffin pans**<see my note above or below about making regular size muffins> by spraying very well with floured cooking spray, or grease and flour the pans; set aside. If keeping gluten-free for health reasons, simply use cooking spray or grease the pan.
  2. To the canister of a high-speed blender, add the oats, and blend on high speed until fine and powdery, about 15 seconds.
  3. Add all remaining ingredients except the chocolate chips and blend on high speed until smooth and incorporated, about 1 minute.
  4. Add chocolate chips and stir in by hand; don’t use the blender because it will pulverize them.
  5. Using a tablespoon or small cookie scoop, turn batter out into the muffin cavities, filling each to a solid 3/4 full.
  6. Evenly sprinkle the top of each with a generous pinch of chocolate chips (about 8 to 10 chips each).
  7. Bake for 8 to 11 minutes, or until the tops are set, domed, springy to the touch, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter.  Due to their small size and oven variance, make sure to watch your muffins closely, and bake until done. Allow muffins to cool in pans for about 10 minutes, or until they’ve firmed up and are cool enough to handle. Muffins are best fresh, but will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 4 months. 
**The recipe says these make mini muffins. I actually doubled the recipe and made 12 regular muffins. I baked them at 350F for 19 minutes**.

No comments:

Post a Comment