Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Healthy Pumpkin Banana Bread


This pumpkin banana bread is delicious! I'm really excited that it doesn't contain any butter - I promise you will not notice! The applesauce, pumpkin and mashed banana make the bread really moist. I used coconut sugar and pure maple syrup instead of refined white sugar.  The whole wheat pastry flour replaces all purpose flour. I made sure to add lots of yummy spices that make this bread smell and taste amazing.  I hope you enjoy!

  • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 2 or 3 very ripe bananas
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup coconut sugar
  • 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life vegan mini chocolate chips)
Preheat oven to 350F

Add applesauce and bananas to a large bowl. Mash bananas into the applesauce. I prefer the texture to be quite smooth. Add the pumpkin, stir. Then add the coconut sugar and maple syrup and stir. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring after each addition. Add vanilla extract.

In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.  Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips.

Pour batter into a well greased (I use coconut oil to grease my pan)  8 X 8 Pyrex (glass) pan. Cooking times can vary, so if you are using a metal pan you will need to cook longer (so adjust accordingly). I baked my bread in a Pyrex pan for 35 minutes and it was perfect.  Check to make sure a toothpick comes out clean before removing from the oven.

Let bread cool completely on the counter before cutting. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment