Monday, July 20, 2015

Nut Butter Cookie Dough Bites


I'm not kidding you when I say I'm completely obsessed with these little bites of deliciousness! I eat them for dessert about four or five nights a week. They totally satisfy my sweet cravings! I have made many many "cookie dough bites" and these are the very best!! The recipe comes from one of my favorite cook books of ALL time, Oh She Glows by Angela Liddon (she's a culinary genius!).

Enjoy!

PS My kids love them too!!

1 1/2 cups rolled oats (gluten free if you like)
2 Tbl coconut oil, melted
2 Tbl any nut butter, peanut/almond/sunflower, whatever you like
1/4 cup pure maple syrup or other liquid sweetener (like honey or coconut nectar)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup almond flour or almond meal
1/4 tsp fine-grain sea salt
2 Tbl mini dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (I use carob chips)

1. In a food processor, blend the oats until a fine flour forms. Set aside

2. In a large bowl, combine the oil, nut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla and beat with a hand mixer until smooth. Add the almond flour, oat flour, and salt and beat again until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.

3. Roll the dough into small balls (about 1 Tbl of dough each). If chocolate chips fall to the bottom of the bowl, press them back into the dough when rolling. Place the finished bites on a plate lined with parchment paper.

4. Freeze the bites for 5 to 10 minutes, or until firms. Store the bites in the freeze in a freezer bag for quick and easy snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment