Saturday, October 3, 2015

Sesame Almond Cookies


These cookies from The Healthy Apple are probably on my list of Top 5 cookies of all time!!! They are just amazingly delicious and amazingly easy to throw together. I make them at least once a week (with my eyes practically closed because I've made them so many times). My husband likes them better than any other cookie I make, including refined sugar, full-fat, regular ol' cookies. He requests them again and again. They have this crumbly texture that is so satisfying and they aren't overly sweet. Please try them for yourself and you will be hooked!!!!




They are vegan - no eggs, no butter and they are also gluten-free and refined sugar-free. You might be wondering how on earth they can taste so good....but, they just do! The gal over at The Healthy Apple seriously nailed it when she created this recipe! And here it is straight from her blog:
  • 2 cups almond flour
  • 3½ Tbsp. ground flaxseeds
  • ½ tsp. baking soda
  • pinch sea salt
  • pinch freshly ground black pepper
  • 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
  • 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
  • dash of vanilla extract (I used about 1½ tsp.)
  • large pinch ground cinnamon
  • 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare two large, rimmed cookie sheets with parchment paper.
  2. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, ground flaxseeds, baking soda and sea salt until well combined. Add maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract; mix well until combined and mixture forms a dough.
  3. Transfer tablespoon sized scoops of dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
  4. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and not doughy. <I have made these so many times and I only bake them for around 12 minutes.....just keep an eye on them>
  5. Remove from oven; set aside to cool before serving.
***The only thing I do differently when I make these is I stir the sesame seeds into the cookies instead of sprinkling them on top - it's just easier and I'm lazy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment