Sunday, December 4, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie/Oreo/Fudgy Brownie Bars


I snagged this recipe off another blog a couple months ago and was just dying to try it out! The perfect opportunity arrived when my sister-in-law's family visited for Thanksgiving. I had the pleasure of watching my sweet nieces and nephew one night at my mother-in-law's house while all the grown-ups went out for dinner. And me, being the very fun auntie that I am, said, "Let's make a crazy chocolate chip cookie/Oreo/fudge brownie concoction and then pig out! Who wants to help?!" Well, they all (including my three kiddos) shouted, "I DO!" All seven kids took turns measuring and pouring and mixing. These bars were really fun to make and were decadent to say the least! But, it was a great activity for the kids (ages 2 to 14) to actively participate in. The best part of the whole thing for me was watching them all lick the spoons and the bowls      
All the kids help stir the cookie dough
Step #1. Ingredients for chocolate chip cookies - 1st layer:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 12-oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350F.

Make cookies according to the directions on the back of the Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookie bag. Please note that I omitted 1/4 c. of flour from the Toll House bag recipe.

Spread cookie dough on the bottom of a well greased 9 X 13" baking pan.
                                                   
Step #2
One large package of double stuffed Oreos.

Layer the Oreos on top of the cookie dough.
                       
Step #3
Make a family size box of brownies according to the directions on the back of the box. Add 1/4 c. hot fudge sauce to the brownie mix and stir well to combine. Spread the brownie mix on top of the Oreos.
                        
Bake the bars in oven at 350F for 50 to 55 minutes. Let sit 10 minutes before cutting (if you can wait that long!)...ENJOY!




No comments:

Post a Comment