Monday, September 7, 2015

Walnut Date Cookies (The Healthiest Cookies EVER)


This recipe from Detoxinista just blew my mind!!!! My friend, Shanna, told me I had to make these and boy was she right!! They are beyond delicious, healthy, easy, moist....shall I go on!?!?!? I will make these again and again.....I had to blog them immediately because you need to make them right now too!






Detoxinista is a wonderful blog full of healthy, scrumptious meals and goodies. Check her out! Here is her recipe:
  • 1½ cups raw walnut halves <I used 1 cup walnuts + 1/2 cup almond bc it's all I had>
  • 1 cup medjool dates, pitted (about 12)
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax or chia seeds + 3 tablespoons water) <I was feeling lazy on this Labor Day morning and just used one regular chicken egg>
  • ½ cup dark chocolate chips (optional) <I used 1/2 cup raw cacoa nibs- YUM!>
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with an "S" blade, process the dates and walnuts together until a crumbly texture is formed. Add in the salt, baking soda, vanilla and flax egg and process again until the batter is relatively smooth. Add in the chocolate chips and briefly pulse, just to combine.
  2. Spoon the batter onto a lined baking sheet, and use your hands to gently flatten the cookie dough. (Tip: Wet your hands with water to prevent sticking!) Bake at 350F for 12 minutes, or until the edges are slightly golden. Allow to cool on the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
  3. Serve immediately, and store the leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge or freezer for best shelf life. These cookies should last a week in the fridge, and a month or more in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment