Raw ginger can be very potent, so do not overdue it. I used a 1/4 inch chunk (just cut off the brown hard skin). Start with this small amount and if you feel like you want more, then add a little more to your taste. Some people really enjoy that distinctive ginger spicy-ness. I prefer a subtler hint.
This makes one giant smoothie or two nice sized smoothies, if you want to share!
- 2 medium sweet apples, cored and chopped (do not peel off the skin)
- 1/4 inch chunk of raw ginger root, cut off the outer skin
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened lite coconut milk in a can
- 1 to 2 handfuls of raw spinach
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup ice cubes
Place all ingredients into a high power blender and secure lid. Blend until smooth. Enjoy!