This was an easy weekend meal - very tasty! I think the addition of vegan sausage (we LOVE Beyond Sausage) or chicken sausage would be excellent. I served this meal with a fruit/veggie smoothie and good, crusty bread.
I found this recipe on the blog Vegan Richa (I love this blog!)......and here it is word for word with my additions in italics.
- 8 oz farfalle , or other pasta <I used cavatappi pasta>
- 4 oz baby spinach or greens <I chopped my spinach>
- 1/3 cup chopped sun dried tomato (oil packed)
- 1 small cucumber peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup vegan feta <I used goat cheese crumbles>
- fresh parsley , black pepper, vegan parm (optional) for garnish
- other add ins: roasted zucchini or seasonal veggies , chopped artichoke hearts, olives <I used pine nuts>
- <I think Beyond Sausage, cooked and sliced, or chicken sausage would be a great add-on>
- 1 large clove garlic pressed or minced <I used three cloves of garlic, sauteed in olive oil>
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp or more black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano or parsley
- 3 tbsp really good extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp or more lemon juice <I used 2 1/2 lemons>
- 1/4 tsp salt
- <I added 1 tsp of maple syrup>
Cook the pasta according to instruction on the package. Rinse in cold water to cool completely and add to a large bowl. Combine the rest of the salad ingredients except feta.
Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients in a small bowl. (variation: Replace some of the lemon juice with red wine vinegar).
Drizzle and mix the dressing with the salad when ready to serve. Toss well to coat all the greens. Add feta towards the end while tossing. Garnish with fresh parsley or thyme, black pepper and vegan parm(optional). Let sit for 5 mins and serve.