Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sesame Chicken Dip

I served this Taste of Home recipe at a party I hosted recently.  The Taste of Home website claimed its taste-testers said things such as, "This dip is amazing!" "I LOVE this!" and "Please can I get the recipe?!" So, I thought with rave reviews like that, I'd give it a try! Well, as it turns out, my guests echoed all the same sentiments! I probably had about five friends ask me for the recipe and heard lots of "yums" and "delicious" comments throughout the night. So, I promised them all this would be the next recipe I posted! And here it is:
*Please note that I halved this recipe* 

2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
4 teaspoons sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, minced 
4 cups cooked chicken breast, FINELY chopped 
3 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
8 green onions, thinly sliced 
1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts 
2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach 
2/3 cup sweet-and-sour sauce 
Sesame rice crackers or wheat thins 

Combine soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic in a tupperware with a lid and add chicken, turning to coat. Refrigerate at least one hour. 

Spread cream cheese on the bottom of a platter.

Top with chicken mixture.

 

Sprinkle with onions, peanuts and spinach. 

 

Drizzle with sweet-and-sour sauce. 

 

Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment