Monday, March 4, 2024

Warming Hot Cacao


This vegan hot cacao is a great alternative to regular hot chocolate. This drink is warming, velvety, and subtly sweet. My friend, Shanna, has been raving about this delicious drink for some time now and I finally tried it for myself. Now I'm hooked! It is the perfect after-dinner treat when I'm craving something chocolatey. 

Ingredients: 

1 1/2 cup of plant milk (I use almond or oat milk)

1 heaping Tbl of raw cacao powder

1 Tbl pure maple syrup

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon

a pinch of salt, optional

Directions: 

Thoroughly whisk all ingredients in a saucepan over low heat OR in a large mug. If using a saucepan, let come to a simmer, remove from heat and ladle into a mug. Alternatively, if using a mug, place the mug in the microwave for one minute. Check to see if it's heated to your liking. If it's not, give it another 30 seconds in the microwave. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment