Sunday, December 11, 2016

Christmas Pumpkin Bread


I found this recipe in the 2017 Omaha Home for Boys annual calendar.  The ingredients are simple and I made it all in one bowl without any fuss.  I baked it on a Sunday evening and my children enjoyed a slice for breakfast three mornings in a row.

If you are looking for a yummy, easy to bake, pumpkin bread to share over the holidays, you have found it here! Enjoy!

1/2 cup vegetable oil <I used one stick of melted butter instead> 
2 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup water
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 2/3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup raisins <I used mini chocolate chips instead of raisins>
1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped, optional

Preheat oven to 340F

Beat together oil, eggs, pumpkin and water. Sift flour and sugar together and add to pumpkin mix; add spices and salt. Mix together. Add raisins and nuts; pour into a 9X5X3 greased and floured loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Let cool completely before turning out on a cutting board and slicing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment