Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Pumpkin Banana Oat Breakfast Bars

So I had a super ripe banana on my counter and a half a jar of canned pumpkin sitting in my fridge......I wanted to get rid of both, but, I wasn't feeling another batch of pumpkin banana bread. These are what I came up with and yeah, they are pretty yummy! Healthy and yummy - my favorite combo! Enjoy!

1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 smashed very ripe banana
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup honey
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp pumpkin spice
2 cup oats
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease an 8X8 baking pan and set aside. In a medium bowl add pumpkin, banana, applesauce, honey, salt and pumpkin spice, mix well. Fold in oats, coconut flakes and mini chocolate chips. Place mixture in prepared baking pan and press down so each corner is covered. Place in the oven for 20 - 22 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool and cut into bars. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment