Friday, September 1, 2017

Tropical Banana Bread


By now you all know how much I LOVE banana bread (I have posted so many banana bread recipes it's almost embarrassing) - I really do make it about once a week....the kids love it and it makes for an easy, grab and go breakfast in the morning when we are rushed (it's also the perfect after school snack). I had some beautiful, fresh pineapple in my fridge and though, ooh, I should try making a banana bread with pineapple!  And so I did, and it's delicious! I just had to share with you right away! Enjoy!
  • 2 ripe banana, well mashed
  • 1/2 cup fresh pineapple or if using canned, well drained
  • 1 stick butter, melted
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 2 large eggs, room temperature
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
  • 1/3 cup shredded coconut, optional
  • 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt 
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F

Mash the bananas and pineapple together using a masher or if you have time, throw them in the blender/food processor and pulse until slightly chunky, but blended (this is what I did).



Cream the butter and the sugar in the bowl; add the mashed bananas and pineapple and stir.  Mix in the eggs, one at a time, and then the vanilla and poppy seeds.  Stir in the coconut, if using.
 
Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. 

Lightly butter and flour a standard loaf pan.

Spread the batter evenly into the pan and tap it against the counter a couple times to release any air bubbles.

Bake for about 55 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean. Let cool for an hour in the pan then slice and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment