Sunday, November 12, 2017

Miss Ann's Fairy Tea


My friend, Ann, shared this recipe with me and my children over the summer. I have been waiting for the weather to turn cold before I blogged it.....and after our high of 32F on Friday, I think the time has come!!

I think it's so funny that my kids like tea because I have only become a tea lover over the last few years. But they ask me for hot tea all the time and they especially ask me for Miss Ann's Fairy Tea! Ann was quick to tell me that there really isn't anything to this (and she's right, it's super simple) but the kids just LOVE it (I mean, it's full of sugar so why wouldn't they?) and it's a fun, hot drink to have when it's cold outside.

Sometimes I put sugar in it, but mostly I use honey.  Ann uses whole milk (which truly tastes better) but I only ever have 1% on hand - it works, too!

Let me know if your kids like this tea as much as mine do! Thank you for sharing with me, Ann!

Ingredients for Fairy Tea:
1 peppermint tea bag of your choice
1 tsp to 1 Tbl sugar or honey (again, your choice on how much sugar you are willing to give your child- haha!)
1 Tbl milk, whole milk is the most decadent, but 1% or 2% works, too

Place tea bag in a mug. Add hot water and let seep for three minutes. Add sugar or honey and milk. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment