Sunday, December 18, 2011

Stefanie's Breakfast Casserole


My sister-in-law, Stefanie, shared her family recipe for sausage breakfast casserole with me years ago. Now I make it all the time, especially when I have company. It's quick to make and is loved by everyone who eats it. I really wanted to post this before Christmas since I know many of you have family in town and need to make a dish that will serve a lot of people. This is perfect! Great to bring for a potluck brunch, too!
*Sometimes when I'm cooking the sausage I add a 1/2 minced onion. I have also added a minced jalapeno to the sausage when cooking (this really spices it up!!).  If you prefer a more mild spice, you can add a 4oz can of green chiles at the same time you pour on the eggs.

1 tube of crescent rolls
1 lb. Jimmy Dean sausage, cooked and broken into fine crumbles
10 eggs, whisked
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350F

Spray a 9X13" baking pan with cooking spray. For the first layer of the casserole, lay down the crescent rolls.

Layer the cooked sausage on top of the crescent rolls.

Next pour the whisked eggs on top of the cooked sausage crumbles.

Finally, sprinkle the cheese on top of the eggs.

Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting into squares. If you like, serve with salsa.



No comments:

Post a Comment