Here is the recipe STRAIGHT from the Yummy Mummy Kitchen blog:
- 2 cups nuts (use a combination of almonds, peanuts, and walnuts)
- 1 1/4 cups pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts (optional)
- 1/4 cup crisp puffed quinoa or rice cereal <I used Rice Krispies>
- 2 tablespoons walnut pieces
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips (vegan/gf if needed)
- Place nuts, dates, oil, cocoa, salt, and hemp hearts into a food processor. Blend until coarsely ground. Add the syrup and continue to blend until the mixture holds together when pressed. Pulse in the cereal just to combine.
- Line an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper or plastic wrap. Transfer the bar mixture from the food processor to the pan and press firmly and evenly in. Press walnuts and chocolate chips into the top.
- Refrigerate until completely chilled and firm, about an hour. Cut into bars or small bite-sized squares. Store in the refrigerator.