Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Apple Cake


Okay guys, I'm taking a break from my usual uber-healthy recipes to give you a full fat, full flavor, nitty-gritty, calorie-laden AMAZINGLY-tasty apple cake recipe.  It is good, very, very good - and I just had to share (and I have also heard some complaints recently from friends who are tired of all my healthy posts - so this one is for you!).  **And please note, I will have my healthy apple cake alternative posted in a few days for those of you who still enjoy all my crazy, healthy baked good recipes!!

This recipe comes from my friend and neighbor, Emily's, blog The Sister's Palette. She brought me a slice of it the other day to try and it was so delicious I had to make it for myself. It is a great recipe for incorporating all those glorious fall apples you've been picking lately! That's what I did....I think we picked a bushel and a peck! ;)

Here is the recipe straight from The Sister's Palette:

Ingredients:
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup oil
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups diced apples (peeled and cored, about 3 apples) <I actually didn't peel the apples>

Directions:
Pre-heat the oven to 350F.  Grease either a 13x9 inch baking pan, or 2 round cake pans, whichever you prefer.  Whisk together the dry ingredients in a bowl.  In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients and then add the apples.  Pour the wet mixture over the dry and stir to combine <the batter is so thick I used my hands to incorporate everything together>.  Batter will be rather thick.  

Pour into baking pan or cake pans <again, I used my hands>, whichever you are using, and cook for 50-55 minutes. 

<Let cool in the pan before flipping out on a clean cutting board and slicing>

To serve, I like to top with powdered sugar (sprinkled over top through a sifter) and whip cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment