Thursday, December 24, 2020

Baked Potato Bar - Easy Weeknight Dinner

 


Just like the Bagel Bar dinner I posted a some years ago, my family loves when we have Potato Bar night. It is super easy for me to throw together and everyone likes being able to custom create their perfect baked potato. You can offer any ingredients you like - and you could use sweet potatoes instead of russets. It is all up to you! This meal is so filling I don't even offer a side to go with it....it stands alone which truly makes it a quick weeknight dinner. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

Russet potatoes (one per person)

Include any of the following (I put an Asterix by the ingredients shown in my photo above):

Butter*

Sour cream*

Greek yogurt

Shredded Cheese*

Queso

Crumbled blue or feta

Sautéed mushrooms*

Sautéed bell peppers*

Roasted broccoli*

Roasted cauliflower

Caramelized onions*

Sautéed spinach

Fresh herbs like basil or oregano

Avocado

Roasted or fresh tomatoes

Pickled or fresh jalapeños 

Jarred banana peppers*

Beans (chickpeas, black beans, kidney)

Sliced green onions

Shredded cabbage

Crumbled bacon

Flaked tuna

Ground beef

Left over chili 

Salsa

Hot sauce

Ranch dressing

Directions:

Heat oven to 425F

Lightly rub olive oil on each clean potato and sprinkle with salt. (I don't poke holes in my potatoes and I do not wrap them in foil. This gives then a yummy crunchy skin). 

Bake on a cookie sheet for an hour. 

While the potatoes are baking prepare all of your toppings. I think it's nice to have at least six or seven toppings. 

Remove the potatoes from oven. Arrange all the sides you are using. Let everyone build their perfect potato! Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment