Thursday, August 20, 2015

Almond Butter Super Oat Cookies


Please believe me when I say this, these cookies are the most delicious baked good I have made/tasted in a long long time!!! And yes, they are dairy-free!!! And yes, they are gluten-free and flourless!!! And yes, my kids literally gobbled them up!! And so did my husband!! And so did I!!! I have made them THREE TIMES in five days!! THAT'S how delicious they are!!!!!  Now go bake! And if you are smart, you will double the recipe because the following only makes one dozen.....

This recipe comes from the Love Grown Foods website.  These cookies are so impressively good, I'm going to make every single recipe on their website! So, stay tuned!!

1/2 cup Super Oats Nuts & Seeds blend*
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
2/3 cups natural almond butter (TOTALLY use the crunchy kind; it gives an awesome texture)
1 egg
1/2 cup brown sugar (I used coconut sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (I used carob chips)

*If you cannot find the Love Grown Foods Super Oats Nuts & Seeds Blend, try using 1/2 cup regular quick-cooking oats plus 1 TBl chia seeds. They will not be quite the same, but I believe they will still be great!!

Directions

Preheat oven to 350F.

In a small bowl, mix together the Super Oats, baking soda, and salt.

In a large bowl, beat together the almond butter, egg, brown sugar (OR coconut sugar), and vanilla until blended. Scrape down sides. Slowly add Super Oats mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop dough by the heaping spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. (Please note this dough is super gooey - I was nervous that they would be wet cookies. But they firmed up nicely after baking - just let them cool completely on the cookie sheet once you take them out of the oven) 

Bake for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown on edges. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment