Sunday, August 16, 2015

Quinoa Italian Bowl with Broccoli & Parmesan


This meal was the perfect lunch for just me. I ate half of it one day and saved the other half for another lunch. I'm so tired of skipping lunch or eating a granola bar/cereal. This dish was super fast to put together (I used frozen pre-cooked quinoa/rice blend that I found in the freezer section at Whole Foods and I saved myself out the roasted broccoli from dinner the night before).

If you are looking for some extra protein, you could always add crumbled chicken sausage or rotisserie chicken.

**If you would like to make enough for dinner for a family of four, I suggest tripling or quadrupling the recipe. It's still super easy!!! Delicious!!

1 cup cooked quinoa OR rice OR a quinoa/rice blend (I buy this pre-cooked and frozen- super easy)
1 cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup broccoli, roasted
1 cup marinara sauce (I only buy Rao's - it's THE best!)
1/4 cup fresh, shredded Parmesan
4 basil leaves, thinly sliced (optional)
2 Tbl pine nuts, toasted (optional)

Warm the marinara in a pot. Add all the ingredients together and enjoy!
***I ate half of this for lunch one day and saved the other half for lunch the next day. This is what my saved half looked like in a Tupperware - I added the marinara and Parmesan just before eating.



No comments:

Post a Comment