My kids wanted pancakes this morning and we didn't have any eggs.....and this is why I love Pinterest so much - I just searched eggless pancakes and a hundred options popped up! I chose these banana pancakes because I had all the ingredients on hand and really, they turned out filling and delicious! I topped with a little powdered sugar, mini chocolate chips and a little pure maple syrup!
This recipe comes from the blog The Big Man's World.
** I doubled this recipe for my family of five**
- 1 heaping cup rolled oats (gluten free, if needed)
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (or non-dairy like almond milk if vegan)
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 Tbl baking powder
- 1 Tbl apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbl maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbl chocolate chips <this was my addition, use Enjoy Life chips if vegan>
- Combine all the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) in a blender. Blend until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Allow the batter to rest for 5-10 minutes, giving the oats time to absorb liquid and thicken.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium high heat. Once hot, pour in about ¼ cup of batter.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes or until you can easily slide a spatula underneath. Flip. Cook for another 1-2 minutes on the second side.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Add your toppings of choice and enjoy.