Saturday, March 4, 2017

Vegan Banana Smoothie Pancakes


My kids wanted pancakes this morning and we didn't have any eggs.....and this is why I love Pinterest so much - I just searched eggless pancakes and a hundred options popped up! I chose these banana pancakes because I had all the ingredients on hand and really, they turned out filling and delicious! I topped with a little powdered sugar, mini chocolate chips and a little pure maple syrup!

This recipe comes from the blog The Big Man's World.
** I doubled this recipe for my family of five**

Ingredients
  • 1 heaping cup rolled oats (gluten free, if needed)
  • 1/4 cup milk of choice (or non-dairy like almond milk if vegan)
  • 1 very ripe banana
  • 1 Tbl baking powder
  • 1 Tbl apple cider vinegar
  • 1 Tbl maple syrup
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract  
  • ½ tsp cinnamon
  • 2 Tbl chocolate chips <this was my addition, use Enjoy Life chips if vegan>
Instructions
  1. Combine all the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) in a blender. Blend until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips.
  2. Allow the batter to rest for 5-10 minutes, giving the oats time to absorb liquid and thicken.
  3. Preheat a nonstick pan over medium high heat. Once hot, pour in about ¼ cup of batter.
  4. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until you can easily slide a spatula underneath. Flip. Cook for another 1-2 minutes on the second side.
  5. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
  6. Add your toppings of choice and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment