If you have been followed my blog since the beginning you will know that I really really love banana bread - I have so many banana bread recipes on this blog it's a big silly.....but there are so many different ways to bake a humble banana - and they just always seem to turn out scrumptious! I just cannot stop trying new banana bread recipes. Well, this one, folks, is a whopper! It is moist and the cinnamon swirl in the middle and on top is just delicious! They whole family gobbled this up!
I found the recipe on the blog Lovin' the Oven. Here is her recipe word for word:
For the bread:
- 3 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten <I used two eggs>
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- <I added a tsp of cinnamon to the bread>
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbl cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour a 9X5 loaf pan.
- Mix bananas, butter, sugar, egg(s), and vanilla together. Sprinkle baking soda, salt <and extra cinnamon if using> around on top of the banana mixture. Then gently stir in flour. Be careful not to over-mix!
- In a small dish, mix together the 1/3 cup sugar and 1 Tbl cinnamon.
- Add 1/2 of the batter to the greased loaf pan and then sprinkle half, or a little more than half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture all over the batter in the pan. Add the rest of the batter, and then sprinkle the leftover cinnamon-sugar on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes <I baked mine for 52 minutes>. Remove from oven and let cool completely before turning out onto a cutting board. Slice and enjoy!