Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Grilled Veggie & Cream Cheese Sandwich To Go


This scrumptious sandwich comes from one of my favorite blogs - The Pioneer Woman. Everything I make from her blog is golden....this sandwich was no different. YUM!!!! This recipe makes four sandwiches. I served them with a large fruit/spinach smoothie and chips. My husband ate two sandwiches for dinner. I ate one sandwich and then had one for lunch the next day (which was a delicious alternative to my usual granola bar). 

Check out her blog for helpful step by step pictures (I love how she does this with each of her recipes).

Here is her recipe word for word:

Ingredients

  • 1 whole Large Zucchini, Cut Lengthwise Into Thin Slices
  • 1 whole Medium Onion, Cut Into 1/2-inch Rings
  • 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Seeded And Cut Into 4 Slabs
  • 1 whole Yellow Bell Pepper, Seeded And Cut Into 4 Slabs
  • Olive Oil For Brushing
  • Kosher Salt And Black Pepper To Taste
  • 3/4 cups Cream Cheese Mixed With Herbs <I used 2 Tbl. fresh parsley, 2 Tbl fresh basil and 1 tsp dried oregano>
  • 8 slices Good Sandwich Bread <I used a fresh, soft, sourdough sandwich loaf from WF bakery that I cut into thick slices- it was amazing - go ahead and splurge on the bread>

Preparation

Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and place the veggies on the surface.

Let the first side cook without oil, so it gets great grill marks on the surface. After that, turn them over And brush them with a little bit of olive oil. Grill until they're soft and have black marks. Remove them from the pan and let them cool.



**<I roasted all of the veggies I used in the oven on 425F. I roasted the zucchini and bell peppers for 8 minutes on each side; the onion for 15 minutes, flipped and then another 8 minutes>

Toast the bread. Spread cream cheese on both slices, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer the veggies between two slices.


Wrap in plastic wrap and store in the fridge up to 24 hours! Great for grabbing and going!

No comments:

Post a Comment