Monday, September 5, 2011

Artichoke Dip


This dip is my total go-to appetizer! People ask me to bring it to get togethers...and as you can see from this picture, it's always a big hit! I served this dip at a family reunion this weekend and before I could snap a picture, it was almost gone! My sister in law said to take the photo anyway- it was proof that everyone loves it! I serve it with Wheat Thins or a sliced baguette. Enjoy!

1 c. onion, finely chopped
2 Tb. olive oil, divided
1 c. mayo
1 1/2 c. shredded Parmesan
1 15 oz can artichokes (not marinated), drained and finely chopped
1 Tbl. lemon juice
1 tsp ground black pepper
3 Tbl. bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 400F.

In a small skillet, heat 1 Tbl olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft and slightly browned, about 5 - 7 minutes.

In a medium mixing bowl combine mayo, Parmesan, artichokes, lemon juice & pepper. Add cooked onions and mix well. Transfer mixture to a small baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with bread crumbs and lightly drizzle with remaining 1 Tbl olive oil.

Bake at 400F for 20 minutes until bubbling around the edges. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving. I serve this in the dish I baked it in and it is definitely best served hot/warm!

1 comment:

  1. Healthy dip to have at any time of day.
    http://jtrader.hubpages.com/hub/Green-Waste-Blender-Compost-Plus-East-Indian-Mango-Tree-Grafting-Techniques

    ReplyDelete