This meal was inspired by a Barefoot Contessa recipe I found on her blog. It was very easy to throw together and the roasted veggies gave the dish lots of flavor. Enjoy with a good crusty bread.
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 small yellow squash, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbl coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb orzo pasta, cooked according to the directions on the box
- 2 Tbl lemon juice (1 juicy lemon)
- 2 Tbl Braggs apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (toasted is extra yummy)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Approx. 15 fresh basil leaves, julienne
Preheat oven to 400F
Place all the cut veggies on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Drizzle melted coconut oil on the veggies, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss until evenly coated. Roast for 20 minutes.
While veggies are roasting, cook orzo and make the dressing. To make the dressing, combine the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil and salt & pepper in a tupperware with a tight fitting lid. Shake well to combine.
After veggies are roasted, orzo is cooked and dressing is made, combine them all in a large bowl. I put mine in the refrigerator at this point because I wanted it to be chilled. You could also eat it warm.
Before eating, sprinkle green onions, pine nuts, feta and basil on top. Enjoy!