Friday, January 3, 2014

Easy Bagel Sandwich Bar


I love sandwiches!!! I know most red-blooded Americans do, but, I probably love them just a little bit more than that! I could honestly eat one for lunch and dinner five days a week and be perfectly content! They are satisfying, easy and the options are endless. I serve dinner-time sandwiches to my husband and kids about once a week (especially on nights my kids have sports and I'm pressed for time)......I try to sass them up by using fun ingredients, quality breads and a variety of spreads (think outside the mayo-box). This bagel bar was a big hit with my husband because he got to build his own. We both really piled the veggies on! I served this with a spinach smoothie and Doritos (it's hard to eat a sandwich without chips)....but, you could also do a little green or fruit salad and a side of potato chips. Enjoy this easy-peasy week-night dinner.

These are all just suggestions! Use what you like, omit what you don't! We did not use meat, but, turkey, ham or chicken would all taste good.

Your favorite bagels, toasted (use good bagels from your grocer's bakery department) *we used everything and sesame seed bagels
Cream cheese OR Hummus OR Pesto OR Guacamole (endless spread options!)
Cucumbers, sliced
Carrots, shredded
Red Bell Peppers, sliced
Mushrooms, sliced
Sprouts
Lettuce
Tomatoes, sliced
Black Olives, sliced
Zucchini, sliced
Sun-dried tomatoes
Ripe Avocado, sliced
Artichokes, sliced
Sliced Cheese like American, Cheddar, Swiss, Provolone, etc...
Salt & Pepper to taste

Toast your bagel and add your favorite spread. Top with ingredients and enjoy!
                                                   YUMMY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment