Thursday, March 22, 2012

Aloha Sunrise Muffins

 
I was in the mood to bake this morning. After a look in my pantry, I gathered a can of crushed pineapple, a bag of shredded coconut and some sliced almonds...and this is what I whipped together! They are on the sweet side, I'll tell you that...but, yummy with a "sun-shiny," happy taste! Would be great for breakfast or served at a brunch. Enjoy!
 
2 c. plain flour
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 egg
1/2 c. sour cream
1 cup crushed pineapple in 100% juice, drained well 
1 Tbl. pineapple juice
1/4 c. canola oil
1/2 c. shredded coconut
1/4 c. sliced or slivered almonds
 
Preheat oven to 375 F. 
 
Drain pineapple well; save 1 Tbl of juice (I gave the rest of the juice to my daughter- a HUGE hit!).
 
Mix flour, salt, baking powder and sugar with a whisk.  Set aside. 
 
In another bowl, slightly beat egg; add sour cream, drained crushed pineapple, 1 Tbl pineapple juice, oil and coconut and mix. Make a "well" in center of dry ingredients. Stir until all ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into a greased 12 cup muffin pan. I used my 1/4 c. measuring cup for each scoop of batter. Bake 21-24 minutes or until slightly brown. Let cool 10 minutes in pan before removing. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment