Sunday, June 24, 2012

S'Mores Cookies

Who wants s'mores; no sticks required? "Me, me, me," shouted the kids (and their mama wanted some, too!). Those of you who know me know I am obsessed with s'mores! I absolutely LOVE them! So, the other day I was itchin' to make some cookies...I looked in the cupboard and saw my three loves: marshmallows, four Hershey's bars and a sleeve of graham crackers. I got the idea to grind the grahams into crumbs and make s'mores cookies! They turned out super yum! One suggestion : when rolling the dough, make sure there aren't any marshmallows sticking out or touching the cookie sheet. When they melt onto the cookie sheet, they stick, making it hard to remove the cookie from the pan. Just tuck all marshmallow in and proceed as usual! Enjoy these sweet treats!

3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup graham cracker crumbs (9 whole graham crackers - put them in the food processor for a nice even crumb)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
4 Hershey's bars, cut into small pieces (you can easily substitute 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips)
1 c. miniature marshmallows

Preheat oven to 375F
Beat together softened butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Blend in egg and vanilla. Add flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Fold in Hershey bar pieces and marshmallows.
Roll approximately 2 Tbl of dough into a ball and place onto greased cookie sheets about 3 inches apart. Tuck marshmallows into dough so they are not directly touching the cookie sheet.
Bake for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on sheet about 3 minute and remove to wire racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment