Sunday, June 9, 2013

Fig, Bacon & Goat Cheese Pizza

 
Oh how I love and adore the blog A Cozy Kitchen! This pizza recipe was truly delicious! We ate the whole pie for dinner and were sad there wasn't more! Thanks to Whole Foods I used a nice pre-made whole wheat pizza dough. However, I can give no thanks to Whole Foods in the fresh figs department.  Alas, I was forced to use dried figs (that I soaked in hot water for 5 minutes to plump). The dried figs were pretty darn good, so, I can't pretend I was too disappointed. I think the balsamic and honey drizzle seriously put this unique pizza over the top!  Enjoy!!

Recipe from A Cozy Kitchen:

3-4 slices of bacon, cubed
12 ounces of store-bought (or homemade) dough
4 ounces goat cheese, softened
4-5 black figs, quartered <I used 10 dried figs that I soaked in hot water for 5 min to plump>
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon honey
1 handful of arugula <I used fresh, chopped spinach>

Preheat oven to 500 F and heat up stone for 30 minutes <I used a regular pizza pan that I sprayed with olive oil and sprinkled lightly with cornmeal>

In a medium fry pan–over medium heat fry bacon until crispy. <I straight up microwaved it>

Gently pull pizza dough apart into a non-perfect circle. Place on a piece of parchment. Smear on a thick layer of goat cheese on the pizza dough's entire surface. Top with figs and bacon.
Place on the stone (with parchment) in the oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. <Again, I didn't use the stone and parchment; just a pizza pan sprayed with oil and lightly dusted with cornmeal>

While pizza is cooking, add balsamic vinegar and honey to a small saucepan. Cook to reduce for 3-5 minutes, or until thick and syrupy. 

Remove pizza from oven and top with a handful of arugula <I used spinach> balsamic/honey reduction sauce.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I am Antonija Horvatek, math teacher from Croatia, Europe.
    I have one unusual appeal.

    I'm looking for pictures with pizza top view. I found one great photo on your blog,
    http://thewoodenspoondiaries.blogspot.com/2013/06/fig-bacon-goat-cheese-pizza.html

    and I would like to use it to make some materials for teaching math.

    Can I get your permission to use it and to publish materials with it on my website
    http://www.antonija-horvatek.from.hr/ ?

    Here is one example of material I made
    http://www.antonija-horvatek.from.hr/slike/razlomci-osnove.png

    I hope you will reply.

    Thank you very much in advance!
    Best wishes,
    Antonija Horvatek
    http://www.antonija-horvatek.from.hr/materials-English.htm

    ReplyDelete