Have you ever had Hershey's Pumpkin Kisses? They are the perfect autumn sweet for anyone who loves pumpkin! They are tasty straight out of the bag, but, even better in these fun thumbprint cookies. I made a batch of these the other day and gave them out to my kids' teachers and friends. Everyone asked for the recipe. So, here ya go! Make them soon because these Kisses only come out in the Fall.
This recipe comes straight from the blog Buttercream Blondie:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon Bourbon <I used 1 tsp whiskey...I'm sure you could omit this if you want to>
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag Hershey's Pumpkin Kisses
Cream butter and sugars till light and fluffy using a hand-mixer.
Add egg, extract and bourbon.
Mix in mascarpone.
Sift dry ingredients together & mix in until combined.
Scoop cookies using a half ounce cookie scoop and roll.
Chill cookies for at least 30 minutes before baking.
As soon as you remove cookies from oven, place the cookie sheet on a cooling rack and press a pumpkin kiss into the center of each one.