Thursday, June 12, 2014

Ann's Incredible Crunchy Asian Salad


My friend, Ann, a long time vegetarian, shared this amazingly easy, yet incredibly delicious, salad recipe with me last month. I am hooked.....no seriously, I am HOOKED on this salad! I have made it for dinner twice in the last week and a half. The thing of it is, it is crazy easy!!!! So many times people equate easy with mediocre.....and often, that is the case.....but, not with this gem of a salad. It is easy and just so yummy. The thing about this salad (and most salads, really) is you don't have to measure anything. Just throw in as much or as little as you want. Use my recommendations as a guide, not a rule. You can't mess this salad up unless you buy a crummy tasting dressing.  I like the Brianna's Ginger Mandarin dressing in the picture below.  Ann uses a great Wegman's brand ginger seasame dressing.

You can easily add chopped rotisserie chicken to it if you want a little meat. But, I think it is perfect just the way it is! Simply scrumptious!! Enjoy!


1 package of your favorite salad <I used this half spring/half spinach mix. I have also used a butter lettuce and red cabbage mix that was delicious>
1 package of broccoli slaw <I used this rainbow slaw once when I couldn't find the broccoli slaw. It was good, but, the broccoli slaw is better. Use the rainbow/coleslaw mix when in a pinch>
1 large cucumber (or two small cucumbers), chopped
Green onion, around 3, chopped
1 perfectly ripened avocado, peeled and chopped
Almond Accents <I love these guys so much I used half a bag on one salad>
La Choy Rice Noodles <You can easily find these in the Asian section of your supermarket. Do not omit- these make the salad. Again, I used half a can on one salad....I have no control>
Ginger Sesame Dressing of your choice <Brianna's Ginger Mandarin is quite good>

*If you want to add a little protein, try chopped left-over or rotisserie chicken

Mix, dress, serve! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Is your dressing gluten free? I think the rice noodles must be.

    ReplyDelete