Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Crunchy Kale Chips with Soy & Sesame Seeds


I seriously can't believe it has taken me THIS long to blog about kale chips!!!! I do appologize; I know you all expect more of me! These kale chips are down right scrumptious (even though I'm not the world's biggest kale lover). Two out of three of my kids love them, too (and the third one doesn't like them ONLY because he won't even let one near his mouth- he screamed when I offered him one). 

Please check out this website, Refinery 29. I found this site via Pinterest. This blogger has 10 different flavor combos for kale chips- awesome!!!!! The one below is her soy & sesame seeds recipe. I cannot wait to try some of her other recipes, too!!! These kale chips are going fast in my house.....

1 bunch of kale, washed, DRIED, and cut into "chip-sized" pieces
1 Tbl olive oil
2 Tbl soy sauce <I used Tamari & I also think 1 1/2 Tbl would be sufficient>
1/2 Tbl sesame seeds

 Preheat oven to 300F

Pour olive oil, soy sauce and sesame seeds into a large ziplock bag. Add kale pieces and shake well making sure the kale is evenly covered with the olive oil mixture.

Place a cooling rack on top of a foil lined cookie sheet* (this helps cook the kale from under too- giving you a nice crispy "chip"). Put half the kale on the cooling rack/cookie sheet (try not to overlap pieces) and cook for 30 minutes or until crisp. Remove from oven and repeat with the rest of the kale pieces. Try not to eat them all as you transfer them from the cookie sheet to a container.

*If you do not have a cooling rack, just put the kale on a foil lined cookie sheet. I think the cooling rack on top helps with the crispy-ness, but, it isn't necessary.

I had to show you this picture of my daughter sneaking a kale chip as I was trying to take a photo! She LOVES these!!!! You will too!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment