After taking a bite of this pasta salad, the first words out of my husband's mouth were "Mmmmmm," followed closely by, "You should definitely blog this!" Yes, it was that good! And two out of three kids gave it a giant thumbs up (those of you who know my kids know exactly which one wouldn't touch it! Ha!). Thank you to the Pioneer Woman's blog for yet another delicious dinner!
- 12 ounces, weight pasta noodle (like penne, corkscre, bowtie, etc)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup whole milk (I used 2%)
- 2 to 4 Tbl white vinegar (I used apple cider)
- 1/2 to 1 1/2 teaspoon Adobo Sauce From Chipotle Peppers (you can find this in the Mexican section of the market. If you do not know adobo sauce, tread lightly - it's pretty spicy! Add a little and try it; if you want it spicier add a little more)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 10 ounces, weight grape or cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/2 pound Smoked Gouda Cheese, Cut Into Small Cubes
- 24 whole Basil Leaves (chiffonade)
Mix mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, salt, pepper, and adobo in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, stir together pasta, dressing, tomatoes, and cubed Gouda. Taste for seasonings, adding more salt and pepper if needed, and even an extra teaspoons or two of vinegar if necessary. Stir in basil at the end. Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving. Serve with a crusty bread! Enjoy!