Monday, October 6, 2014

Vegetarian Moroccan Stew


My friend, Keli, shared this scrumptious recipe with me. She found it on Allrecipes.com.  I have to say the dried apricots are the sole ingredient that convinced me to try this.....I love a recipe with a unique addition. It added a hint of sweetness and another dimension of flavor. Even though this stew is vegetarian, I don't think even the most carnivorous man will miss the meat.  Tons of flavor, loads of spices, hearty & filling- this stew has it all! Oh, and did I mention that my entire home smelled incredible as this cooked? 'Nough said - make this this week!

Here is the recipe straight from allrecipes.com (Please note this recipe made a TON!!!! If you have a big family, perfect! If you are just cooking for two, you might want to half this) :

 








 
  <I used spinach>
 
 
  <I used fire roasted tomatoes>
 <I only used 2 medium>
 <I only used 1 medium>
  <I only used 2>
 
 <I chopped these super tiny>
 
 
 
Combine cinnamon, cumin, salt, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, turmeric, and curry powder in a large bowl. 

Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Cook the onion in the butter until soft and just beginning to brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in kale and spice mixture; cook until kale begins to wilt and spices are fragrant, about 2 minutes. 

Pour the vegetable broth into the pot. Stir garbanzo beans, tomatoes, potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, lentils, apricots, and honey, into the broth; bring to boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until vegetables and lentils are cooked and tender, about 30 minutes. Season stew with black pepper.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment